Delicate feathers are really on-trend right now and these elegant designs look so pretty and are surprisingly easy to recreate yourself. Practice your watercolour skills and learn how to create washy textures using Artiste watercolour paints and mist sprayer.
1. Using the Artiste Watercolour Pad as your surface, sketch out four to five feathers one above the other as though they are floating to the ground.
2. Chose a range of greens, blues and purples from the Artiste Watercolour Paint Set and mix them into a watery consistency on your palette.
3. Begin by wetting each feather with a small damp brush and no colour. Then choose your first colour and add the colour to the wet feather, allowing the colour to flow naturally through the feather. Repeat this for each different coloured feather.
4. When your feathers have a good amount of colour, allow to dry briefly but not completely. They should still be damp to touch.
5. With a thinner brush, go over your feathers and begin to add the finer detail. Once you are happy with them, allow to dry again.
6. Finally, using the Artiste Ultra Fine Mist Sprayer add some of the watercolour paint and lightly spray each feather with the coordinating colour. This finishing touch gives a lovely loose and organic look to your piece!
Artiste A4 Watercolour Pad (DOA 101111)
Artiste Paint Palette (DOA 7691105)
Artiste Ultra Fine Mist Sprayer (DOA 767203)
Artiste Watercolour Paint Set 12pk (DOA 551004)