The only thing more fun than a notebook is a personalised notebook! Perfect for keeping all your creative ideas together. And great for school, work, artists or even just as a place to keep those handy to-do lists. Create an incredibly unique notebook by designing both the front and the back..
To make these wonderfully decorative creations, we used A5 Notebooks and Cork Scrabble Tiles from Bare Basics. We also used an Artiste Acrylic Paint Set featuring 12 vibrant colours, perfect for decorating and embellishing your notebook! Follow the steps below to make your own:
1. Firstly, decide on the design and style you wish your notebook to be. Think about what shapes, patterns, symbols and colours you might use. Remember to include a header box in your design for the notebook title (you can create a rough draft on a scrap piece of paper to help).
2. Next, prepare the Acrylic paint by adding each colour you wish to use onto a palette.
3. Using a paintbrush or a sponge, draw a thick line across the front cover of the notepad (this is where the cork tiles will be placed for the title).
4. Begin adding in your unique design, shapes or patterns on the front cover of the book.
5. Before flipping over allow the paint to dry to avoid smudging. Once dry, repeat your design on the back cover.
6. Whilst the paint is drying you can decide what you wish the title of your notebook to be. We put ‘Notes’ but you can put what you like! How about your name?
7. Once the paint has dried, it’s time to add your custom title on the front cover. Before sticking the letters down, arrange them so that they line up in the centre of the header. Once you are happy with the positioning, peel off the adhesive back and stick onto the notebook.
Artiste Acrylic Paint Set 12pk (DOA 551000)
Bare Basics A5 Notebooks (PMA 101111)
Bare Basics Cork Scrabble Tiles (PMA 174816)