Go with the flow! A fascinating world of endless design possibilities is opened up by the acrylic pouring technique using Marabu’s new Pouring Fluid and acrylic paints. Dynamic colour gradients, fascinating designs and surprising effects are created by throwing pouring acrylic paint onto a background.
Here is how it’s done:
1. Carefully cover the work surface and your clothing. Shake the Pouring Fluid well before use. Insert push pins into the back of your canvas frame so that the paint can run off better.
2. Pour each acrylic paint into a separate cup and add several parts of Pouring Fluid. Use a palette knife or spatula to give the mixture a good stir until a homogeneous substance has been created. If necessary, add more Pouring Fluid or acrylic paint and mix again until the desired consistency has been achieved. The mixture of paint and Pouring Fluid should have a runny consistency so that it runs off the palette knife.
3. Priming the canvas frame makes the paint flow better. To do this, pour the content of a cup (in the desired colour) onto the canvas frame and lightly spread with a palette knife.
4. Pour the remaining paints into a mixing cup one after another.
5. Place the canvas frame on top of the cup, quickly flip both over. Wait a moment until the paint in the cup has run down onto the background.
6. Carefully lift the cup up from the background.
7. Tip the background until the desired result has been achieved.
8. The artwork you create using a pouring technique may well take several days to dry. Important: the background must be positioned horizontally so that the paint does not continue to run.
9. Clean all tools with water immediately after use.
Marabu Acryl Color 100ml – Yellow (MR12010050019)
Marabu Acryl Color 100ml – Magenta (MR12010050014)
Marabu Acryl Color 100ml – Cyan (MR12010050056)
Marabu Acryl Color 100ml – White (MR12010050070)
Marabu Pouring Fluid 250ml (MR12320013885)