Create colourful table accessories and design your own geometric place mats using Marabu Fashion Spray. What better way to refresh your home décor after Christmas than to create your own colourful tableware. All you need to create these are a selection of Marabu Fashion Sprays and some plain placemats!
1. Before you start wash the place mats without using any fabric softener to remove any residues of finish from the fabric. Leave to dry and iron.
2. Generously cover the work surface and, if necessary, wear disposable gloves and old clothing.
3. Arrange individual cardboard templates on the place mats to create the geometric shapes you want. The areas left visible are where you will be spraying your colours. We used a range of circle, triangle and square shapes for our design.
4. Shake the Marabu Fashion Spray well before use and spray 2-3 times on a neutral background (e.g. paper). Apply the paint as thinly as possible with separate, short sprays. If you hold the bottle further away from the fabric, the colour result will be more subtle and a larger area will be covered.
5. You can combine large painted areas with small shapes, for example with circles or triangles.
6. Leave the mats to dry and, whilst they are drying, wipe the Fashion Spray nozzles clean.
7. Once the paint has dried, finish by ironing the place mats on the reverse side to set the paint. After this, you can wash the mats in the washing machine at up to 40 °C.
Marabu Fashion Spray 100ml – Flamingo (MR17190050212)
Marabu Fashion Spray 100ml – Marine Blue (MR17190050258)
Marabu Fashion Spray 100ml – Mint (MR17190050153)
Marabu Fashion Spray 100ml – Red Orange (MR17190050023)