Add a bit of sparkle to your home by adorning your walls with this glamorous ombre glitter canvas.
1. Begin by applying a layer of glue to the canvas. Use a wide brush to paste the glue onto the canvas in a downward motion so that the glue is thicker at the top and becomes less towards the bottom of the canvas. This will allow you to create a gradient effect.
2. Sprinkle the silver glitter onto the canvas first. Start sprinkling about ¼ of the way down the canvas right down to the bottom, just leaving the portion at the top empty.
3. Lift the canvas up and tip any excess glitter off back into the pot.
4. Repeat the process with the gold glitter but this time sprinkle from the top of the canvas right down to the bottom. Shake off any excess glitter.
5. If you feel like not enough of the gold has taken to your piece, add a bit more glue and repeat step four.
To seal your glitter canvas double check all the excess glitter has been shaken off and apply a thick layer of hairspray. If you notice any problem areas where the glitter looks particularly loose, make sure to give those spots extra attention.
Anita’s Tacky Glue 240ml (PVA 22173)
Papermania Large Glitter Pot 250g - Gold (PMA 401912)
Papermania Large Glitter Pot 250g - Silver (PMA 401913)